Ira talks from the very beginning about the "evolution" of how you decide to write/produce/tell a story. He says to forget what you learned in high school, that it is not so much of a standardized formula which I think is very important when you are developing your storytelling abilities for broadcasting.
I thought it was interesting when he spoke about the anecdote. That one thing happens that leads to another that leads to another. Also, that you should always be answering questions. When he speaks about how it is difficult to find a good story to explore I definitely can relate to this.
Having to do applications last semester with the paper and then doing Campus Watch this semester, it is often difficult to come up with ideas for stories that are different and exciting and not just the usual old stuff. He says that, "often more time is spent finding the story than producing it." This is SO true.
I love at the end when he is talking about people who get in to either TV or radio and think they have to "act" or "sound" like other people who are in the business. Working in radio, I can totally see how alot of people do this. When I am on-air I try to not be "cheesy radio voice" girl because when people do that we all make fun of them so bad!
All of his information, including to be more concise in your storytelling is something that I definitely need to remember. I tend to not only ramble, but be a little dramatic. Sometimes less is more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment